Wednesday 28 July 2010

BIRTHDAY BLUES...

Oh NO! Tomorrow, Thursday 29 July, is my birthday and I have to admit to a fairly major struggle with this particular number. It is the big one.. the one I have been dreading since I turned 21 - the 25 PLUS day. You didn’t really think I would say it, did you?

Today I still look in my twenties however tomorrow I am petrified that I will wake up and cracks will have appeared. My body will, over night, have decided to wage war on my mental stability and have drooped, with my bottom hanging on the floor and boobs sagging down by my knees! My hair will turn grey and my face begin to resemble a London street map.

I am horrified about reaching this milestone, there are now people younger than me in the office, when I tick boxes asking for an age selection I have changed category. Even though I knew this day was coming, it still feels like a burglar has attacked and stolen the 2’s from my life!

However, I have made a decision, I shall embrace tomorrow for what it is .. just another number (see only ‘older’ people sprout that crap!) and then lie about what age I actually am! After all, in this day and age there is nothing that cannot be scrapped up off the floor and returned to its rightful position. And the road map? Botox baby, botox.

No comments:

Post a Comment