Wednesday 28 January 2009

The Art of KFC

I cannot lie to Americo not even the teeny fibs that make no difference to our life. For instance,

Last night I had a huge craving for KFC, fondly referred to in our house as Contraband ‘kin filthy. From this name you might have, rightly, deduced that Americo is not a fan. I, on the other hand, could eat there daily.

Knowing that for most of this week I shall be a ‘work widow’ I decided to grab my secret ‘kin filthy fix. Now don’t think that Americo was to be left starving, I had made asparagus soup which he loves and I am not so keen on. Anyhow, I dashed home with my take out.

Anyone taking up the art of deception will appreciate that since I was not meant to be eating KFC the remanents had to be disposed of. With this in mind I wrapped up the box along with all other evidence in a Sainsbury’s bag and chucked it. Everything was done to perfection, there was literally no way Americo would ever find out what I had sneaked in…. Except that I cannot lie to Americo!

And there it is folks, I may as well have left that empty carton sitting on the kitchen counter with a neon light. Then again, I don’t think it would have tasted so good or been as much fun if I had!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment