Monday 26 January 2009

NEW YEAR

So 2008 is out and 2009 has well and truly settled in. I always find the beginning of a new year incredibly depressing. I think it has something to do with all those resolutions and everyone attempting to better themselves? For my part I am sticking with what I know, there will be no giving up of anything. Smoking shall continue as before along with all my other vices and general character failings! I shall not be committing myself to a gym membership, so lacking is my enthusiasm to run in one spot and go nowhere.

This brings to mind the one and only time Americo invited me to the gym with him. It was way back in the beginning, at that stage in a relationship when you are still offering to do ridiculous things… A suggested that we spend the day at his gym explaining, at my look of dismay, that it is not REALLY a gym, more like a leisure centre and we will get to spend the whole day together doing fun, but healthy things. As I am not a sporting person by nature I had to raid A’s cupboards for clothes, sadly I do not possess any sweat pants with ‘juicy’ written across the arse.

I was actually feeling quite excited, this would be my first time to set foot into one of these places. We started with warm ups then onto the rowing machine, next up was the treadmill. I detest running, I will not even run if I am late for the bus, so you must understand my feelings towards the treadmill… I looked over at my dashing boyfriend (now husband) running with dedication, feeling that fluttery something I lean over and ask;

“Sweetheart, don’t you think this would more fun if we held hands?” His look of horror, aghast that I should even suggest such a thing in this… THIS temple!

“Rozanne, this is not a walk in the park.. this is a serious work out!” He whispered back. Hmmm to him maybe, but not to me.

Needless to say that was the first and last time we went to the Leisure Centre together. Seriously.. Leisure Center???? More like house of pain.

Anyhow, I digress.. Last year was a big one for A & I, we attempted to do ALL the big life changing events in the space of a few months. In February we got engaged, May we found our dream home, July we finalised the purchase and moved into said home. Our finale was getting married in September.
I am hoping this year will be less frenzied but just as good in all kinds of other ways. So all the best for 2009 may it be another year to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment