Wednesday 6 May 2009

All Done!

I had my operation on Tuesday and all has gone well. I am feeling somewhat battered and bruised with a beautiful patchwork of black and purple running up and down my leg where they pulled the vein out.

There were a few touch and go moment such as when the nurse came to take my blood and then attached a hose pipe to the vein to get a FEW vials.. by the end of that I was feeling somewhat queasy and Americo didn't look much better!

I won't go into all the gory details but would like to mention that I was incredibly brave and did not head for the doors the minute I saw a needle.

When I came to I had a very nice nurse who I was absolutely convinced was Americo and kept insisting that he take me home IMMEDIATELY as I was sick of being in hospital! He on the other hand tried to explain that he was not Americo and as such could not take me anywhere.. Once I was a bit more compesmentis he said that I was speaking in Portuguese?? Not quite sure where that came from but it seems those classes did actually pay off - I just have to be doped up in order to use them!

Anyway I am signing off now. I will be back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment