Tuesday 19 May 2009

ANOTHER DAY..

.... Another irritation! Last week (Friday) as I sat at my desk a pungent aroma assaulted my nostrils. Perhaps pungent is a slight exaggeration however it was a smell more commonly associated with bathrooms than boardrooms. I glanced up hoping to find the guilty party looking suitably bashful. No such luck. Anyhow, it happened again on Friday afternoon.

Then yesterday, this odour once more came to my attention. I am sorry, but is there really any need to alleviate gas in the vicinity of your colleagues.. I thought not. I have my suspicions as to who the offender may be, namely the dodgy Australian who sits across from me burping (and presumably farting) his way through the day.

Today was one burp to many from ‘the all burping and farting one’, with me requesting that either he get house trained or move elsewhere! Hopefully the public shaming will end this all to comfortable behaviour!

This weekend was fairly quiet for Americo and I – lulling us into a false sense of security as the coming weekend is going to be manic in the extreme. On Saturday Americo woke up trying to con me into making him coffee. As I drink neither coffee nor tea his chances are always slim to begin with. Anyhow his attempt is well worth a mention…

As I woke up before Americo I quietly got out of bed and went to hit the shower, however the minute he felt me shift one beady little eye popped open and he said,

Zanna, last night I had a dream”. As Americo very seldom remembers these I was interested. “What was it about?”
“Well, I dreamt that God spoke to me” he continued to explain. “God told me that you are going to make me a cup of coffee!” I turn and look at Americo, who is grinning back at me like the proverbial cat that got the cream.
“Indeed?” I reply - “Did God happen to mention that your cup of coffee will only be making an appearance once I have had a shower?”
Somewhat crestfallen he looks at me
“He guessed you would say something like that!”

No comments:

Post a Comment