Tuesday 24 February 2009

TROUBLE!

Last night Americo and I were chatting about my weekend away for S’s hen party and my realisation that on occasion I can be slightly outspoken. I have never really considered myself an outrageous person but, judging but the occasional shocked expressions at some of my comments, it would seem I am.

For S’s party we each bought a gift and had to write a little poem to help her guess who the donor was. I must admit my poem was incredibly naff, along the lines of .. ‘roses are red..’ but the card I wrote it on was brilliant. S took one look at the card, without reading the poem and said ‘YOU!’. So what gave it away? Well my poem was written on a little postcard with the picture of a 1950’s housewife and the following written on it “if you want breakfast in bed… you had better sleep in the kitchen”. Sooo my train of thought!

This morning I was in trouble with Americo. He, being an accountant, is very good at keeping ALL paperwork and receipts. I, on the other hand, am really quite crap. So why was I in trouble? Well, last year we bought a new iron, said iron gave up the ghost a few weeks back and is still under guarantee. However, as I bought the iron chances are that I have chucked the receipt, (I mean IT WAS ALMOST A YEAR AGO!) and therefore we cannot get our money back. So we have had the broken iron sitting by the new – working – iron and mocking Americo that he chose the most rubbish wife of the lot, who never pays any attention to the paperwork! The good news is that he has decided to keep me as I make a mean oxtail stew and may refuse to feed him if he doesn’t!

Thankfully marital bliss has been restored and all is once again right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment