Monday 16 February 2009

VALENTINE BE MINE

I used to love Valentines Day when I was at school but with age comes cynicism - there is nothing romantic about being forced into romance. Saying that I am not at all averse to Americo rushing home with a big bunch of flowers, on any other day of the year!!

This year we were anti-valentines, our Saturday was spent doing paperwork. Not just any paperwork though, we sat down to do our Wills.

Initially I thought that this would be a fairly simple task to attend too. I was misled. There are so many possibilities you have to look into. What happens if I die, or he dies, or WE die, where does everything go if we have children OR don’t have children and so it went on, and on until well into the night.

This is obviously a really macabre topic but in some respects it is possibly the most romantic thing we are ever likely to do. Oh I am not suggesting it is romantic in a mainstream kind of way and trust me a new Will every year is not going to replace the red roses, but…

There is a huge commitment when you sit down and contemplate mortality, knowing that both parties care enough to take care of the other, even in death. Neither of us want to be in a situation where should the worse happen it is made even worse by the fact that there is no Will.

So, if you love somebody go out and do your Will today! ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment