Friday 3 April 2009

YAY - Almost Holiday Time

Five days to go until we head off to Sunny Africa. In preparation of our trip to SA I have been making lists.. endless lists. I need to go shopping, do washing and amongst all this feed the wary trooper that is my husband. Now I hear you questioning why I need to be so uber efficient when we have all these days ahead to prepare. The truth is that we do not, time is running short and we have a full weekend with friends and family before our departure.

And so, to avoid our usual ‘5 minutes before we have to be at the airport’ rush, I have a plan. My plan is not as good as Americo’s though, as I do not have a wife who will diligently organise the packing side of things, but still .. it is a plan. The first part of my plan is to be slightly more prepared than our last trip, where we were still picking things up and dropping them off at one o’clock in the morning. Luckily our flights are at a civilised hour and we will only need to be at the airport by 6pm however we are both working a full day beforehand so that leaves timing a bit tight. The emergency bag will be ready at the door in case I can’t quite get my act together… this will consist of swim suites, goggles & snorkels, tickets and passport.

Now the working week is drawing to an end and I have to admit that it could not have come soon enough. As I sit here writing this blog, drinking a PIMMS, I look forward to next week Thursday when I shall be sitting on a beach, smoking a cigarette and wondering why life cannot always be so fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment